rVoyage

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Rep. Sue Myrick Pulls No Punch

I've heard both sides of the selling our ports to a company out of the United Arab Emirates. My base reaction, even after the President said he would veto anything that would get in the way of this transaction, was one of great trepidation.

I'm, now, sold on not selling to the UAE company. What helps cement my thoughts is the leadership I trust and believe in writing this letter to our President today:

Dear Mr. President,

In regards to selling American ports to the United Arab Emirates, not just NO--but HELL NO!

Sincerely,

Sue Myrick
Member of Congress

Thank you, Sue, for your leadership and pluck. I value the person who will take the right stand in the face of possible and/or imminent adversity. Here is a quote from Donald Rumsfeld invoking that type of intelligent response, "Don't accept the post or stay unless you have an understanding with the President that you're free to tell him what you think "with the bark off" and you have the courage to do it."

Sue has the courage.

The letter:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home