rVoyage

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Meck Lincoln-Reagan Day Dinner

I greatly appreciated the opportunity to sing our "National Anthem" and "God Bless America" at the Mecklenburg (NC) Lincoln-Reagan Day Dinner. Thank you to those who included me in that event. The program was superb with Senator Richard Burr as the featured speaker. FCC Chairman Kevin Martin spoke, as well. He is from Weddington, NC. Hearing him speak was fascinating since one doesn't normally get to hear someone from the FCC.

One point from Burr's speech that stood out is how North Carolina will benefit greatly from some upcoming energy initiatives... that we are large producers of ethanol, I believe he said. Interesting. I'll try to find out more about that and report back to you on it.

Also, I said I would update you if I am to sing at the April 29th (I had wrong date earlier!) NC Federation of Republican Women's "Tribute to Women Dinner." That was confirmed tonight as I was in Charlotte. So, I am extra thankful for that upcoming opportunity, not to mention that I am blessed to sing for Union County's convention in March.

Well, thank you for letting me tell you a little about what is going on with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home